Please make sure that you've properly set your system locale to japanese and installed the proper versions of RPG Maker before proceeding to the next step!
If the error continues even upon doing so, please check the following points as well:
- There may be some incompatibilities with your security software and the Japanese fonts in the product. Please try downloading and executing the product with your security software temporarily turned off (don't forget to turn it on again later), or while setting an exception rule for the product folder/file.
- Try placing the product data directly under your local disk (e.g. C:) to view the product. Note that, placing files in a location with a long file path can sometimes prevent them from operating normally.
- Try using LHASA (which is fully customized to uncompress files containing Japanese font) to extract the product data.
For an .exe has stopped working error, please also try disabling Data Execution Prevention for the product in question:
- Right-click on My Computer and choose Properties.
- Go to Advanced tab > Performance > Settings.
- Go to Data Execution Prevention tab in Performance Options window.
- Check the box of Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select:
- Click Add and choose the program .exe (the product file you downloaded and tried to start).